The HPA, for those who don't know, is a non-profit organization comprised of HP fans. We're the "Dumbledore's Army of the real world."
Past campaigns are:
- Raising money for people in Darfur and Burma
- Accio Books 2009 (4,000 of which went to Rwanda)
- Phone campaign through Mass Equality to promote marriage equality in Maine
- "Lighting a Candle For Rwanda" videos, shown at a celebration in Rwanda
- Work with anti-genocide group STAND
- Wizard Rock the Vote (helping first-time voters to register)
- Podcast on Darfur
- Teaching student leaders
North Carolina's Chapter: http://danorthcarolina.ning.com/
HPA Main site: http://www.thehpalliance.org/
These people are pretty awesome. There's a Livestream @ 4:00 today to kick-off Accio Books.
Okay, unrelated plugging over.
I finished Boys Without Names yesterday. Emily wants to read it next, so I'll give it to her in band on Monday. Next I will be reading Before I Fall. It's pretty long, but I hope I'll be finished by next meeting so someone else can have it.