Thursday, September 8, 2011

An Abundance of Quotes Part God I Don't Care Anymore

"Posted like silent sentinels all around the town, stand thousands upon thousands of mortal men fixed in ocean reveries." - Moby Dick (which I am not reading), found in and stolen from Paper Covers Rock (which I read twice in one week).


“Books may look like nothing more than words on a page, but they are actually an infinitely complex imaginotransference technology that translates odd, inky squiggles into pictures inside your head.” - Jasper Fforde


"Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire


"The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong." - Swami Vivekanada (who has an awesome name)


"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong." - Oscar Wilde


Update: The Event has been set for October 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.