Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I Dreamed a Dream

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett


I love how dreams are something we can all relate to and talk about, but they're the most intensely private things we have.


We can talk about the "chased but can't run" dream or the "naked in public" dream and almost everyone has had those experiences. We all know how dream logic works, and how flying works and how it feels, and how dreams melt into each other.


But at least for right now, it's completely impossible to actually experience someone else's dream. It's something we absolutely must do alone. (Unless you're Leonardo DiCaprio, of course.)


I don't really have a point here--this is just a thing I was thinking about. There's probably a great metaphor I could find or something, but I'm going to go watch Spiderman with my family instead.

2 comments:

  1. When I saw the title for this post I thought you might have gone to see Les Miserables, since I know it was playing somewhere in the Carolinas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did see it back in February. It was pretty fantastic. :)

      Delete

Talk to me.