Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blurbs!

"People change and forget to tell each other." - Lillian Hellman


So about ten minutes ago the lady in charge of the Teen section at my local independent bookstore called my house (which sounds cooler than it was- she had already asked me via Facebook to call her at the store and happened to be busy at the time). 


Someone at the Penguin Group had contacted her about teen girls to read an early draft of a book coming out next fall to do blurbs for the back of the ARC.  (She's also getting in contact with the leader of my book club, but I'm conveniently forgetting about that until tomorrow when we have our meeting.)


Apparently I came up in conversation. In the sense that I am mentioned by name in a bona fide email from a person in a major publishing house. o_0 Although it's also a little weird that the bookstore lady knew my name and actually suggested me to her. I thought she just knew my face.


And then, as I just now realized, I sent my reply to the wrong address- the one for the bookstore instead of the Penguin Lady. Yeah, I'm smooth. 

1 comment:

Talk to me.