Monday, January 9, 2012

Rich & Snobby Cred

"The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything." - T. Roosevelt


...which I receive despite being neither rich nor snobby because of my fictitious wealth, because today I received a letter saying I was eligible for a summer program that will involve traveling/studying in France, Italy, and Greece. (They said they found me through CollegeBoard, so...my SAT scores? I have no idea.)


Now I assume I'll have to pay for it, which presents a bit of a problem, since "studying" implies a bit longer than a few days per country, but hey. Europe for the summer? Heck yes. We'll see if it actually happens, but at least it's a possibility!


Also, it turns out they speak Greek in Greece (which would seem obvious, but I'd thought it was a dead language like Latin). So yay, I learned something. And am somewhat more scared of said trip because I rather like understanding/being understood, and the only second language I have a grasp of is...the marvelously dead language of Latin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.