Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Motivational Thoughts From The Ghost of Pre-Calc Past

"You should find something you love to do, and then figure out a way to get someone to pay you to do it. That's the recipe for happiness in life." - Brandon Sanderson

I was cleaning my room today and found a piece of paper I haven't looked at since around this time last year--a list of questions my pre-calc teacher wrote on the board toward the end of the semester for our contemplation.

  1. Are you aware that your actions impact others?
  2. Are there people in this world you appreciate? Do they know it?
  3. Are you succeeding to your fullest potential?
  4. Are you willing to step out of your comfort zones?
  5. Are you seeing the change you want in your life? If not, what are you doing about it?
  6. Does character count?
And I am pleased to say that I can answer "yes" to these more truthfully than I could when I first copied them down. Particularly numbers 2, 4, and 5, although in 2 there's still some notable things I need to work on.

This makes me happy.

4 comments:

  1. I discovered Brandon Sanderson last summer, I love his writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read about 50 pages of Mistborn before I had to return it to the library, but it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is truly a shame, I loved it! And the sequel was amazing as well. I haven't had a chance to read the last one, but I want to soo much! Elantris was ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last one is way, way better than "Well" but not as good as "Empire." Empire, to me, is the greatest Epic Fantasy book of all time.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.