Saturday, April 10, 2010

Four More Reviews

 I've watched a lot of new movies in the past two days, so I think I'll review them for you.

Earlier today, my family and I went to see How To Train Your Dragon. A review on http://www.shurtugal.com (the Eragon fansite that I have in my Google Reader) said it was the "movie Eragon should have been," which I agree with. This movie was great. I highly recommend it. I laughed not almost constantly, but almost almost constantly, for the first few minutes of the movie. The rest was also funny.

When we got home, I checked my iPod to see the time in London (it was almost 10 pm), decided that Doctor Who might be on YouTube by then (it was) and then we watched that.
Looking back, I think I enjoyed "The Eleventh Hour" more than this one, even though I want to give this one a better review.
I very much like the idea of "Protest," "Forget," and "Abdicate" buttons.  The space whale is cool, even though it is completely impossible for such a thing to evolve. Since when has sci-fi ever been realistic?
At first, I thought the woman who turned out to be the queen was River Song, and then my dad speculated that she might have been one of Martha's descendants...but of course, she wasn't.
I was a bit surprised when the Doctor wanted to take Amy home. She was just acting out of care for him.
And Winston Churchill's my eighth cousin 5 times removed. My cousin knows the Doctor! :D

Last night, we watched Bedazzled (witht Brendan Frazer). The plot was really predictable, but I enjoyed the twists put on each of his wishes. It was also very funny. In all: not the greatest movie, but not un-worth watching. It was fun watching him act so many different roles in the same movie.

After finishing that movie, we debated Spiderman, and X-Men, but then ended up popping in Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, which was hilarious, albeit very awkward to watch with others. Fortunately, my mom had gone to bed already. :) Watching movies/TV shows with excessive amounts of vomit seems to be something I've done much more than usual recently (Doctor Who, this, and the only episode of South Park I've ever watched: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs, which makes fun of writing and censorship).


I'm almost finished typing The Other Oz, and I'll probably edit Clockwork for you tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

  1. Just getting started in photography, EditElf.com has give me a huge advantage over well established photographers. I don’t have to buy expensive editing software, learn allthe tricks, and waste time on my computer. I started shooting weddings because I love photography and I love people, so that’s what I spend my time doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird--I was just watching the Monty Python vomiting scene yesterday....

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.