Wednesday, April 20, 2011

In Joy We Face The Storm And Defy It

"It is only in sorrow bad weather masters us; in joy we face the storm and defy it." - Amelia Barr


Now there's a quote that deserves to be at the beginning of a novel.


A recent vlogbrothers video dealt with some of the more commonly-searched things on Google, mocking them while "answering" the questions. It's kind of sad that so many people would search using the queries mentioned-- but I'll let John Green give you the details.


Sometimes it worries me to look at my Stats page and see what Google searches brought people here. Also, it's strange to see which combinations of keywords leave me on the first page.


Examples from this week:

  • "is rangers apprentice gay"
  • "craig benzine gay"
At least we know what the greater internet cares about now (To be fair, most of the other Google-based views were from keywords involving books.)


I've no idea about Craig, but Ranger's Apprentice actually seems to be fairly asexual.


And on that note, a question for you: do you prefer romance written by a male author or by a female author, regardless of the gender of the main character? Is there much of a difference?


(This came up while reading RA#9 over the weekend-- my best friend said the romance doesn't measure up because it was written by a guy. I think that what little romance there is is very sweet. In fact, I think most of the best romance I've read was written by guys. I guess "best" is up for debate, though. Go ahead and put your thoughts on that in the comments too, if you want.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.