Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Family Vacations..EAW-Style

You know, any novel that requires the watching of Pirates of the Caribbean in order to figure out how to write epic sea battles is a novel I am in favor of writing. That said, at least in PotC both sides have cannons (rather than just the bad guys). And, you know, Will Turner.


It's been raining a lot this week, so we haven't gotten much actual beach time in. However, this means we have a lot of time in which to play Uno. 


And trust me, we take our Uno seriously here-- to the point where instead of saying "Skip," we shout "SPITE!" 


There's also Apples to Apples, in which it's even more important to cater to the GM  judge than in D&D. In which "Cuss Words" wins for "Angelic" because we are fans of irony, and the debate for "Convenient" creates more tension than a game of Risk.


And then, of course, is the part when my sister comes upstairs and finds me dramatically explaining mitosis and meiosis to my dad with lots of hand gestures-- both of us with sandwiches in hand. And in typical me-fashion, the sandwiches immediately became a metaphor.


Welcome to vacation with my family, ladies and gentlemen. In which we imbue the very walls with wit, sarcasm, and lame puns (we're very humble- can't you tell? We're the humblest people in the whole world), it takes 6 hours to bake a potato, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off  and Better Off Dead are watched...more than once.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Too bad sandwiches don't double when ripped in half...

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.