Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The End Is Near

In a good way, I promise.
In case I haven't mentioned, my goal for the end of March was to get to 80,000 words.
Yesterday morning, I logged in and started to write. I reached my goal. I kept going. I wrote every second I could (which means in-between my mom yelling at me to clean and stuff), but she eventually kicked me off entirely. I got back on later after she was satisfied with the state of the house.
At some point, I looked at the "Rough synopsis of the rest of plot" document on my flash drive, and I realized just how close to the end I am. When I went to bed, the word count was about 84,500. I don't think it will go above 90,000.
Needless to say, I am at the climax. I've never written something so big before (for want of a better word). Literally, the entire book has been building up to this point. And I reached it, and I wrote it, and I can't wait to hear what all of you have to say about it. I think the part I'm at now will be the most difficult to write, but we'll see.
Writing the end has been invigorating, exciting, and also terrifying. Some part of me doesn't want to finish (but don't worry, I will) simply because that will be such a huge accomplishment.
If you saw my Facebook status, you will know that two of the more recent scenes have made me cry in the writing, and that the recent chapters are some of my favorites. This is good.

So now I will go back to working on that.

1 comment:

  1. I am proud. I will now go and plot (and hopefully write) a bit more.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.