Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Another Quote

“Maybe each of us starts out as a watertight vessel. And these things happen-these people leave us, or don’t love us, or don’t get us, or we don’t get them, and we lose and fail and hurt one another. And the vessel starts to crack open in places. And I mean, yeah, once the vessel cracks open, the end becomes inevitable. But there is all this time between when the cracks start to open and when we finally fall apart. And it’s only in that time that we can see one another, because we see out of ourselves through the cracks and into others through theirs. When did we see each other face-to-face? Not until you saw into my cracks and I saw into yours. Before that, we were just looking at ideas of each other, like looking at your window shade but never seeing inside. But once the vessel cracks, the light can get in. The light can get out.” - John Green, Paper Towns


You don't get to see the post I wrote earlier, simply because I don't really want the contents out in the world, but I wanted to write them down. Therefore, you get yet another John Green quote instead.


I'm writing an essay regarding Existentialism in relation to the book we're reading in English. Well, sort of. I haven't actually started writing it yet. As you can see, I'm writing a blog post.


My mom talked with one of Sarah's teachers today. The teacher said Sarah was a big influence on her. I was very proud of this statement, as I firmly believe in teaching as an endeavor that should theoretically be two-way, and if Sarah's helping that become more than theoretical, I am pleased. Plus, as she would be quick to tell you, my little sister can be kind of awesome sometimes.


Another thing that makes me pleased is the fact that there isn't any school tomorrow.


Don't you love the posts I write just because I have a quote to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.