Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo: It Begins

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I said I wasn't going to post much in November, and here I am on the first of the month writing to you.


From the looks of my Buddies page, most of you are either doing fairly well so far or haven't been able to get online to update your counts. If you don't fall into either of those categories, it's not like you're ridiculously behind. 


I am loving those new Stat features on the NaNoWriMo website, but what's even cooler is a spreadsheet I downloaded called the "NaNoWriMo Report Card." It even tells me the date I'm expected to finish if I keep up the rate I'm at now. Which I won't. But it tells me I'm due to finish prior to the 15th, which is encouraging. Yeah, I churned out almost 4,000 words today. But trust me, that's not normal. First day hype.


It does help that our Debate Team competition was cancelled, though. That's another weekend day to write.


I'm going to try to get a widget for this blog so I won't be talking about whether or not I've met my goals because you'll be able to tell. Unfortunately, site traffic is RIDICULOUS right now, so that won't be happening this week, probably.


Somehow I managed to write that much, go disc golfing, and watch an hour and a half of TV (okay, so I was writing during the TV).


I am pleased. But now I'll shut up about it, because you all don't want to hear it.


I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday about a guy in one of her classes who says that people who blog and tweet are full of themselves. This, considering how much I blog, is and has been for a long time a concern of mine.
I have come to the conclusion that people like to share themselves with the world. We like to think that you people care, because all I see is the follower count and the viewing demographics. I don't know if you skimmed or didn't even read it. And I don't really care. I may be deluding myself, but I understand that that may be the case, and therefore I think it's okay that I may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.