Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship." - Thomas Aquinas


Toda'y post comes in some number of parts that I haven't counted yet.


Part 1: Lost


Basically, I started watching the show. We're 3 episodes in, and expect to go crazy once we're done with this disk and have to wait for Netflix to send us the next one.


Part 2: Recommendations


I enjoy passing along reading material-- especially that which is written by people I know. So if you aren't the creator or the other people who know about it already, go look at The Strand for the 21st Century-- a blog on which teen writers may get their writing available for the consumption of others.


Then there's another friend of mine whose blog I mentioned awhile ago. She's only posted a few times, but I figured I'd point you all towards her, since she said she didn't mind-- partially because her stuff is amazing, and partially because I want her to have the motivation to post more, because her stuff is amazing and I miss reading it. Meet The Fleur-de-lis. Play nice, Strand. You don't get to hog the spotlight in this Part of the post. :)


Part 3: NaNoWriMo


So it's over, or may as well be as far as the people I know are concerned. Congrats, guys. I look forward to hearing what you churned out over the past month, but if you're like me and don't want people seeing until its much, much better than it is now, I completely understand.


My sister said to me this morning, "Zoe didn't make it. She got stuck at about 36,000." 
I said, "Yeah, that's the roughest part. I don't blame her." 
"Her dad did, though. At least, he was only 2,000 words away a couple days ago."
(I hear our dad getting himself a bowl of cereal in the kitchen) "That's awesome. That's so cool that he's doing NaNoWriMo too. I wish I had a dad as cool as that!"
Dad: (laughs) I knew you'd say that!


Now comes the months of dilemma: To watch House, or to write? To watch Lost, or to write? To read Book X, or to write? To watch Buffy, or to write? To play Oblivion, or to write?


Part 4: Haircut


Go choose your own adventure with the creator of the Potter Puppet Pals, and then go back and try all of the other options. All are hilarious.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.