Saturday, June 25, 2011

I DO believe in wishes! I DO! I DO!

"Who but the mad would choose to keep on living?" - Libba Bray, Going Bovine


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFnul4k5hUM


Last night, after watching several episodes of Important Things With Demetri Martin with my dad, I ended up checking Twitter and found the great news about NY. (I'm actually going to be in NY next week, which means I'll get to listen to half of my relatives-who-care be glad and the other half rant about how it's the downfall of American values or whatever.)


Smiling, I said to myself "This is why today is awesome" and turned to reach for my journal so that I could write it down. I keep the journal in the drawer directly beneath my clock, so I happened to see the time:


11:11.


Laughing quietly to myself (which coincidentally is a Demetri Martin joke) at the coincidence, I made a wish: Let this happen in the rest of the 50 states as soon as possible, as well as the rest of the world. (Except in my haste to wish before the minute changed, I didn't phrase it nearly that well.)


Now while I don't really believe in wishing in the magical sense (yet I do it anyway), I do believe that if enough people want the same thing and that thing obeys the laws of time and space and physics and so on, they're going to make it happen.


I'm posting this with 11 minutes to spare (EST, that is). Wish with me?



2 comments:

  1. The video you posted would make a funny LBGT awareness video, but I guess fairy is construed negatively by some people, so it might not be in the best taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of this: http://liberalrocker.blogspot.com/2011/04/book-review-boyfriends-with-girlfriends.html

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.