Saturday, April 9, 2011

An Abundance of Quotes Part 14

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W. C. Fields


"Don't be a hater-- you'll just end up like Darth Vader." - Alex Carpenter


Which I am posting just because the Star Wars reference made me laugh.


"Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another." - John Dewey


"The history that lies inert in unread books does no work in the word." - Carl Becker, 1932


"Right and wrong is just a matter of perception. The only way you can be wrong is if you believe you're wrong. Or if I say so." - Lord Voldemort's Twitter feed

Also, the funniest "your mom" joke I've heard in a long time, courtesy of one of the people I eat lunch with: "Your mom's so fat that her patronus is a cake."  (Did you guys know that in Latin, "expecto patronum" means "I await my godfather"? Talk about subtle foreshadowing. **worships J.K. Rowling**)


Also Also Also (and this is being added several days after I started adding quotes to this, so I'm sorry it is similar to the Voldemort one): "I know what you're thinking, and you're wrong." - Craig Benzine. I want that on a T-shirt. And I want my mom (specifically her) to buy me said T-shirt, because she (and I) would think it funny for her to buy it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.