Tuesday, August 23, 2011

An Abundance of Quotes Part 20

"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum." - Arthur C. Clarke


"This is your world. Shape it or someone else will." - Gary Lew


“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” - Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul


“I sing of time, concealer and revelator, time which will rejoin you to the dead, time which like water destroys all that it nourishes.” - epigraph of The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green. However, there seems to be some controversy as to whether or not he made it up himself as Fitzgerald did in The Great Gatsby.


"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson


"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow


“Some days, it seems to me like the purpose of life is to convert energy into beauty.” - Hank Green


"For every ten jokes you acquire a hundred enemies." - Laurence Sterne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.