Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Joss Whedon Hanukkah

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." - William Shakespeare

Two of my friends and I have been holding a series of movie days, in which we are forcing each other to watch things that we believe to be simply necessary. The majority of these so far have been spent watching Firefly (although Princess Bride was also in there). Tonight we held our party at a different house than usual, which means that I got to meet that friend's family (I like them rather a lot), and got to observe their Hanukkah celebration.

My other friend and I kind of hung around at the back while they were lighting the menorah candles and praying, which was hilarious because the match refused to light. ("It's definitely us. The heathens need to leave or else God won't let the ceremony take place.") Except they're only half Jewish, which means they received Christmas ornaments as presents tonight. xD

It was pretty cool. And my other friend and I were each given a bar of chocolate all wrapped up and everything, which was entirely unexpected and very nice.

We're also now officially on winter break, which is far better than very nice. So yay for that, and I hope whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate this time of year is wonderful for you.

1 comment:

  1. And a painless Gurnenthar's Ascendance as well! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.