Wednesday, May 18, 2011

An Abundance of Quotes Part 16

"Are inprefections is which make we grate." - Craig Benzine

"Sometimes debugging things all day doesn't result in solving the problem even when attempting the most optimal paths which should lead to success." - my dad.

"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." - Bertrand Russel


"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another." - Lucretious


"True strength is delicate." - Louise Berliawsky Nevelson. 


"Nobody got anywhere in the world by simply being content." - Louis L'Amour


“You never get to ‘beat’ life. Knowing that I get to decide for myself what success is, that’s one of the most important lessons I have ever learned; and I learned it by playing simulation games.” - Hank Green


“Hank, watching people write is boring, and in my case at least it doesn’t even involve that much typing, but writing does, at least for me, require quite a lot of concentration, and to concentrate you must be prepared to face the terrifying spectre of boredom without fear. In that respect, at least, both the reading and writing of books have become kind of countercultural activities in the social media era. Books don’t lend themselves to multitasking; they don’t automatically update. And as much as much as I love the Internet, I’m happiest when I’m writing.” - his brother


1. Craig is hilarious, yet his videos about creative productivity are actually filled with good points/advice. The most recent one is "The Most Limitless Video On YouTube" (which is about why it's important to set limits for yourself.)


2. Very true, and very disheartening.


3. I agree that dying is a extreme in many cases, but I would argue that there are probably some things worth dying for. However, I don't think I'll know what those are unless it were to actually come to that. Although since Bertrand Russel wouldn't die to uphold that sentiment...I guess I don't need to bother arguing it. Ha.


4. The quote I include more for the gorgeous imagery than the message, but that's true enough as well, I think.


5. This one I love. I'm not sure what it means quite yet, or if I even agree with it, but I love it nonetheless.


6, 7, and 8 just some things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.