Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Why Am I Smiling?

"To craft a good story, take the best of two extremes--fantasy and believability--and find a way to merge them." - DisneyPixar's Twitter feed


Why am I smiling? It's because I know something you don't (or rather probably do) know. I am not left-handed. (Add points if you got the reference just from the title of yesterday's post. Subtract if you still have no idea what I'm talking about.)


Thanks to certain members of my school's debate club for the premise. Yes, those are the sorts of discussions that crop up after the meeting is technically over.


Honestly, right now I'm just stringing myself along until school is over (10 more school days until exams. Only 10 more days, and then three tests, and then I shall be free. 10days10days10days...)


The weird thing about school is that I tend to love it, both as a concept and as a real thing. I love learning, and I love spending time with all of the people I don't typically see over the summer, and I have a fondness for the institution itself that is probably just leftover from kindergarten when it was all new and amazing. I'm well aware that there are many things wrong with the education system, but still. The idea of an education system makes me happy. Or something. I don't know.


But then it gets to be May...and I'm just done with it. Partially because I'm more than ready to be off for the summer, and partially because I've been using it as an excuse to not write. And while it's just a hobby that I take very seriously for now, I've been slacking and not meeting the goals I've set for myself. (I actually just mooched a picture from EffYeahNerdfighters to use as my summer desktop wallpaper; it features a frowning John Green with the caption "WHY AREN'T YOU WRITING?" It's simultaneously funny and motivating.)


So I sit here, completely absorbed in the atmosphere of May fever, yet I know that come August, I'll be literally skipping with excitement about buying new school supplies. I'm such a dork.


I was on YouTube earlier this afternoon procrastinating from my chemistry homework (FIVE LAB REPORTS IN ONE WEEK! FIVE! **complains excessively**) and the first video awaiting me in my subscription box was this:





I laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.