Sunday, June 13, 2010

For My Newest Follower (plus two other things)

"Because we don't think about future generations, they will never forget us." - Henrik Tikkanen


A few things for my newest follower:


Hi! You're my first follower who I don't know in real life. I'm not exactly sure how that will make our interactions different than those between me and the other four (or five, if you count my friend who I email posts to), but I'm interested to find out. Most of my posts are on mostly unrelated topics, but here are some things I'll be making references to every now and then:



  • "Clockwork" is my novel, The Clockwork Experiment. I'm currently in the editing stages of it.
  • NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month, during which I wrote most of Clockwork.
  • Doctor Who is a British television show that has been around a long time, and is really awesome. But you probably already knew that, since you're on the Ning.
If there's any other questions, just ask.


So a bit about Clockwork for you, as the others have all ready varying amounts of it.
When 15 year-old Terry Massey arrives on the Dark Side of her tidally locked planet for the first time, she isn't quite sure what to expect from being without any adult influence along with 2000 of her peers. She intends to start a new life for herself, and make the friends she's never had before, but only succeeds in isolating herself even further within a massive library: her idea of heaven. A conversation with an infuriating old man, the vague yet intriguing introduction of a book, and the odd behavior of the rest of her province of the city set her on a quest to discover the truth behind the mysterious 'Clockwork Experiment,' but all she has on her side is a clever, witty boy of her own age, five tea-addicts, and hints from the old man. The robot-servants all over the city are freaking her out, and all seems lost...but what if she finds a way to overcome her shyness and get things done?


Also, if you'd do me a favor and read the summaries included within this post, and then vote in the poll in the sidebar, I'd be very grateful. 


Other Things:


Loads of writers say to write every day, so it bothers me that while I consider myself a serious writer, I don't. Does writing blog posts count? It's not fiction, but it is words in paragraph form.


Tomorrow marks my first day of my 9-12 job (ha, it sounds so official when I put it like that). I'll let you know how that turns out.


I have another thing to say, but that's too long, so it deserves a post of its own. I'll go write that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.