Saturday, March 26, 2011

An Abundance of Quotes Part 13

"It's almost as if our society values opinions more than it values knowledge." - Hank Green


"As I trail off, I hear them making one another laugh - not the words exactly, but the cadence, the rising and falling pitches of banter. I like just listening, just loafing on the grass. And I decide that if we get there on time but don’t find her, that’s what we’ll do: we’ll drive around the Catskills and find a place to sit around and hang out, loafing on the grass, talking, telling jokes. Maybe the sure knowledge that she is alive makes all of that possible again - even if I never see proof of it. I can almost imagine a happiness without her, the ability to let her go, to feel our roots are connected even if I never see that leaf of grass again." - Paper Towns


“The idea is that for ten minutes, we forget that we have feelings. And we forget about protecting ourselves or other people and we just say the truth. For ten minutes. And then we can go back to being lame.” - Will Grayson, Will Grayson


"I've seen the future and it's much like the present only longer." - Dan Quisenberry


"There are three musts that hold us back: I must do well. You must treat me well. And the world must be easy." - Albert Ellis


"The hardest problems are the ones that most need solving." - John Green, because you all know I definitely don't quote that man enough on here.


"Genius is the ability to renew one's emotions in daily experience." - Paul Cezanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.