Monday, March 28, 2011

In Which I Am Paranoid Despite The Box Post

"What some people mistake for the high cost of living is really the cost of high living." - Doug Larson


"I am not one of those who in expressing opinions confine themselves to facts." - Mark Twain


Today's post is one of the ones that matches my original intentions for this blog. These are few with far between, so savor it. Or not, since you probably started following for the content that I actually do post, but no matter.


Remember two months ago when I had a request for the full manuscript of The Clockwork Experiment? It's been two months, so I wrote the agent an email last night. I received an automated response email saying that she was sorry, but she'd be out of the office until March 8th.


March 8th was a long time ago, people.


If I don't hear back by next Monday night, I think I'll write to the head/founder of the agency to see what's going on. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid and over-reactive (and you know from the Box post that I'm generally rather paranoid when it comes to people I don't know at all).


But I went on Absolute Write to see what people were saying about the group, and all of it seemed pretty positive. There was even a couple posts from this year (although those were just "I sent her a query today" and from even earlier in January than me, "I sent her a full and will update the thread when I hear back."


Dissect and analyze with your more-rational-than-mine brains.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... Maybe she had something come up last-minute? I dunno. Persist (I probably don't need to say that, knowing you). =)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.