Sunday, March 20, 2011

In Which Rock4Ever95 Makes Me Feel Bad About Myself For Good Reason

Holy wow, that post got a lot of traffic. I can't say I'm surprised, though.


So I guess I'll address it.


The concept of meat itself being gross is simply very, very foreign to me (although, rock4ever95, you will be pleased to know that your thoughts/arguments on the subject are making me seriously self-conscious about my omnivorism. And I'm actually glad about that, despite it being rather annoying.) simply because I haven't been raised that way.


The post wasn't supposed to be about vegetarianism. So I'm sorry if I've offended people. It was supposed to be about your actions supporting your values, rather than not-necessarily-reasonable rules, my thoughts on which happened to stem from my cousin's story.


But on the subject of vegetarianism...you know what, my views on that are far too complicated and contradictory right now to write a coherent, truthful post. 


The short facts of it: 

  • I have been raised to eat meat without a second thought.
  • In the past year, this has begun to bother me.
  • That Bothering-ness has increased considerably in the past month or so, for a number of reasons
  • It's something I think about quite often, and change is happening.
But I want to thank you guys for the comments, because they've been very interesting and thought-provoking. (Now leave me to my carnivorous guilt. Seriously, I should not have read those comments before going to bed.)


Ah, adolescence is fun.

2 comments:

  1. 1 - I wish I could be "vegi".
    2 - How do you change the post's title font?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Click on "design" in the upper right-hand corner. Then edit your template.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.