Monday, May 24, 2010

Cory Doctorow

Cory Doctorow (a science fiction author) came to our school today to talk to us about his new book For The Win, as well as answer questions about stuff.
He's the 2nd author I've met in the past 4 days. That's pretty good.
He talked a lot about the human tendency to copy others, and his experiences in the writing world, and other such things. Also gold-farmers, for games such as World of Warcraft. I like World of Warcraft, but I don't play it anymore, and why is a long and very complicated story. But it was very fun while it lasted.
His books are available for free on his website, which I am going to go to now.

1 comment:

  1. I knew you'd post! I like the beginning of FOR THE WIN--great hook. I addressed him as Mr. Doctorow and he said to call him Cory. :D

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.