Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Important Question

I'm posting this as a new post because I realized the other one was so long that none of you would make it to the end. And this bit's the important bit.


A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION that I may or may not listen to your feedback on:

This November, for NaNoWriMo, should I write The Family Business like I was planning, or should I start over on Ishaera (have I even mentioned that to you guys?), or start over on When The Sun Was In Your Hair?

Brief summary of each:

Ishaera is fantasy. It's about a 17 year-old princess who is half human, half sea-elf. She also happens to be The Sea Storm Personified. She, with the help of her six handmaidens (some of these may be changed to men), plus her boyfriend (although they don't use that word, of course) Eodred, who completes the set of seven, must fight the (insert name of Antagonists From The South) alongside the human army of the island country Ishaera. I started writing this during math class in 6th grade. It's pretty far along (halfway?), but I need to start over because it ended up being very similar to Stuart Hill's The Cry of the Icemark.

When the Sun Was In Your Hair mostly takes place inside the main character (Rose Trendafil)'s head, which sounds weird, and it is, but it's not as weird as it sounds. She meets her true love in a dream. He says that he needs to go on a journey, but will come back at some point. He doesn't know when. Now, since it's a dream, she doesn't know whether or not to believe it, but she hopes. In a different dream, she meets a guy named Zach, who is horribly in lust with her. She must use her magickal powers (did I mention that she is a novice, self-taught witch?) to break his Claim on her, in order for her love (Draven) to be able to return to her. When Zach suddenly escapes from her mind into the real world...things get worse. This also needs to be completely rewritten. From the beginning.

Now CHOOSE ON PAIN OF DEATH. (That phrase doesn't make much sense, does it? No, not really.)

Y'know what? I think I'll make a little poll about this and stick it in the sidebar for your convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.