Friday, July 23, 2010

If You Are Depressed...

...or otherwise not in the greatest of moods, make a list.


Make a list of what is currently making you happy. 


I know it sounds like one of those stupid things you hear about psychologists saying...but it works. It works amazingly well.


On a related note, I'm borrowing a book from my friend called The Book of Awesome. It lists things that are awesome and has a page or two on each one.


I've finished my driving lessons. I almost hit someone today while changing lanes. They were in my blindspot, and I forgot to check. Someone else almost hit me, because I was changing lanes and put my brakes on.
Conclusion: I'm bad at changing lanes.
But now I don't have to worry about it until after my birthday in October, so that's good.


Leaky Con 2011 (A Harry Potter conference I plan on attending) is having "Lit Day," where several authors, agents, and people from publishing houses will come and talk about related things. I'm unbelievably excited about this. However, it's proving difficult to get my parents to allow me to go, seeing as how its in Orlando and the hotel is rather expensive.
If only one of those agents I queried miraculously decided to represent me and got Clockwork sold...then I would have enough money. Haha.


Emily has declared that my query letter "needs work." Be excited, people, for the day when you get to attack it draws nearer. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.