Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Million Dollars and Nothing to Spend it On

Written 9/3/2010


"If you had a million dollars and a year excused from school, what would you do?"


(One person in my class said he'd buy a mansion and sleep in it for a year.)


This is going to sound crazy, but...I would go to school. I want to graduate with my friends, and their being excused from school as well isn't included in the prompt. If it was, I'd take three of them over to Ireland and the UK for touring.
But it's not. I'd go to Leaky Con 2011 and the ALA Convention (both of which I'm hopefully going to attend anyway). I'd grab said three friends and go on the Vomit Comet with them.
If it was required for me to take the year off from school...I'd offer to financially back (gas, hotels) this year's fall wrock tour if I got to go with them and man the merch tables or something. Yep, that's what I would do.
I'd stick everything leftover (and there'd be a lot, because even touring would probably be less than 5,000 dollars, depending on how long we went) in the bank, and let it sit. College money. House money for when I'm out of college. I'd withdraw little bits here and there, of course, but there probably wouldn't be any big purchases until after college.


Also, today my English teacher was wearing a shirt that read "Gryffindor Quidditch Team. Property of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." She also mentions hobbits frequently. This is pretty awesome.
So now I have a fantasy-fan English teacher, a teacher who is the aforementioned's dad, and a math teacher with pipe cleaner-ninjas all over his room.
This is pretty cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.