Thursday, September 9, 2010

More Mockingjay Reactions (LOTS OF SPOILERS)

I asked my sisters to write down their reactions to the book.

Here's my eldest younger sister's thoughts. She's 13.

"I'm happy that Katniss and Peeta are together. I'm not sure if they're happy about their kids. I wish Gale was there to at least interact with them. The ending, I think, lacked action and I thought it would be more exciting. I hate that Prim died."

Which brings me to why I don't like Peeta (because I figured it out). The only reason I don't like him is because he interferes with Katniss/Gale. Which is exactly why Sarah Gray (from writing club) doesn't like Gale. Sorry I'm petty that way. Other than that, he's a very like-able guy.

I don't wish Gale was there. He would hate it, Katniss doesn't want him around, and Peeta's never liked him just because he's the rival. The ending was very exciting. The epilogue, not so much, but I understand why it is the way it is. While from a personal perspective, I also wish Prim had lived, from a writer's perspective, I'm glad she died (and I know that's horrible), even though I don't think I'd have been able to do it myself.

Here's my youngest younger sister's thoughts. And she's 11.

"Yay! Peeta got the girl! (side note from me: When I asked her why she liked Peeta better than Gale, she said it was only because she felt sorry for him because Gale was so awesome.) GO TEAM PEETA. I still like the first one best. This book made me sad. I thought it would end better. I didn't like the end at all. I thought Prim would die. YAY, Gale didn't die...I thought he would."

I thought he would too. Killing him was the easy way out, though. The obvious route to take. I think it's a sign of her writing talent that she had a different ending for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.