Sunday, February 20, 2011

Party Like A Rockstar

"If you could only love enough, you could be the most powerful person in the world." - Emmet Fox


Even after spending most of the past 24 hours surrounded by Hannah's (and some of my) friends, I still find it difficult to accept the fact that there are other people who love Dr. Horrible and Doctor Who and wizard rock as much as I do. One of the best birthday parties I've been to, for sure.


Also, I'm now in a band of sorts, the name of which is still pending. The vast majority, if not all, of our current repertoire is based off of books: some of which are popular (Harry Potter & The Hunger Games), and some of which are less so (a couple things by Nick Hornby). Most notably: "In Which Draco and Harry Secretly Want To Make Out" by the Whomping Willows. I have a feeling that it will be permanently stuck in my head for a very long time.


And somehow I was convinced to sing. I don't know how that happened. I didn't intend for it to...but it did, and it turns out that it's rather fun. And according to the people there, I sing better than I claim/think I do. So that's good.


I'm excited.


Off to work on my post about feminism. Yeah, I know I said I didn't have anything to say. I found something. :)

1 comment:

  1. "With my freeze ray I will stop the pain." -Dr. Horrible

    Sounds like all sorts of fun is being had! I look forward to the Feminism post. I plan to put one up after one about Facebook and, apparently, one about public transportation.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.