Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Am A Teenager

Today I received an email regarding my interview and what steps to take next.
Want to know what I said (not in a reply- I was speaking to my computer)?


"No. Not right now. I am a teenager, and I want to make my Robot Unicorn fly through magical stars with Rainbow Attacks on Facebook and compete with my friends. I want to watch TV on Hulu. I want to sneak the last piece of cake when nobody's looking. I have a limited amount of time supported by my parents, and I am going to have fun."


And I did. I'm now the Robot Unicorn champion once more, I'm caught up on House (but I didn't eat the cake). I enjoyed myself. I am happy.


Now I'm back to work, recording a song that I hope to get on Jingle Spells 4, The Leaky Cauldron's annual holiday charity album, filling out NaNoWriMo pre-interview questionaires, worrying about elementary school writing club next week...and I'm still happy.


But I'm going to go play disc golf with my dad later.


It's not that I'm feeling overwhelmed- far from it. It's just that while I'm more self-motivated than a lot of people my age, it's incredibly fun to ignore stuff I should be doing and do anything but, as long as I'm getting joy out of it. Playing Minesweeper just because I don't feel like doing anything else doesn't count. I have to be actively procrastinating.


How was the PSAT for any of you that took it today?


Oddly enough, I found it to be the most enjoyable standardized test I've ever taken, which is a weird thing to say, but it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.