Saturday, October 30, 2010

NaNoWriMo Music

Once upon a time, I decided to write a novel in 30 days.


Once upon a now, I decided to do it again.


Once upon a really now, I was at a loss as to what to do in the 1.5 days remaining. So what did I do? I learned how to play "Four Seasons" from Avatar: The Last Airbender on my guitar. And cleaned the house. And discovered the remains of a box of stale Oreos in a drawer of my bedside table. Yum.


Last year, the music that got me through the month was Songs In the Key of Email by ALL CAPS. This year, the playlist has expanded...to other things including Luke and Kristina (this was NOT intentional), plus Pandora. Some music is good for writing with. It makes good background music. Other music is not.


Albums For Writing:



  • Songs In the Key of Email
  • Bmin/E by ALL CAPS
  • Lowercase by ALL CAPS
  • Pretty In Pink (and Green) by The Parselmouths
  • Erase This by Luke Conard and Alan Lastufka
I've only recently bought songs off of Erase This, and it is awesome. I still haven't figured out exactly what the album's about (Alan said it tells a story), but it's so, so cool, and I know it'll work for noveling because I listen to it in English during journal time, and still get my entries written. However, I also like listening to it for the sake of listening as opposed to for the sake of noise in my ears with which for me to zone out of.


(Segue)


I've been writing my English entries in the back pages of my kindergarten journal. As the earliest date on one of the pages is 11/24/00 and there're several pages before that, I think it's safe to say that I have been writing in that journal for a whopping 10 years. Yes, it's taking me 10 years to finish a notebook containing things other than math notes. But I am going to finish those pages by the end of the semester. Yes I will.


Expect less posts in the coming month. I'll see you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.