Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Poetry And My Views On Organized Religion

If anyone wants a machine to write really great poetry, well, I can't help you there.


But if you want to write some pretty good poetry, I suggest going to Pandora Radio and putting on the "New Age Beats" station. "Beats" isn't really accurate, but the music is very...visual. I have almost a poem per song, and they're not (in my opinion) at all bad. In fact, I think they're pretty good.

Here's a quote from Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, which we're reading in English now. While it doesn't describe my personal views, it does describe my opinion of organized religion fairly well.

"'I think...that nobody finds salvation through teachings. To nobody...can you communicate in words and teachings what happened to you in the hour of your enlightenment...there is one thing...worthy instruction does not contain; it does not contain the secret of what (Buddha) himself experienced-- he alone among hundreds of thousands...I am going on my way...to leave all doctrines and teachers and to reach my goal alone-- or die," (pg. 34).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.