Sunday, January 9, 2011

An Abundance of Quotes Part 5

I think we only have two John Green quotes on the menu today.


“Do I think everyone has a good book in them? Yes, but I think most people can’t write that good book. Writing is not so much about Having A Great Story; it’s about knowing how to translate that great story into these meaningless scratches on a screen that will come to life in the mind of a reader. That’s a tricky business, and not everyone is suited to it.” - #1


“Let me answer your question with a question, Google. If we spent as much time thinking about quantum physics as we do thinking about whether celebrities are gay, do you think we’d have a unified theory yet? I do!” - #2


Having a unified theory would be fantastic. If you don't know what that means and don't mind learning a bit of string theory, I would recommend Hyperspace by Michio Kaku. It's fun to read, has diagrams for us visual learners, uses lots of metaphors so that we can wrap our heads around the concepts, and explains it well.


"I like marriage. The idea." - Toni Morrison


"The superfluous, a very necessary thing." - Voltaire


"We always like those who admire us; we do not always like those whom we admire." - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.