Monday, January 10, 2011

I only have 2 more days until exams, which is both sad and exciting. 
I've really enjoyed English this year, so that's sad. I'm not sure why, though, since the best part was discussing the books (namely Lord of the Flies and Siddhartha), and I can do all of that thinking and pondering on my own.
I'll miss the in-school computer access I get during Computer Programming. I won't be able to work on stories I have in Google Docs, and next year, I won't be able to do half of my daily NaNoWriMo quota before I get home.
I've found the curriculum of Pre-Calculus very interesting, yet not terribly difficult (unlike Calculus, which looks both interesting and hard).
Then there's Chemistry...I'm enjoying the material, but not the class itself. Not much to miss, though, since I'll have AP Chemistry next semester.
In terms of exams, I'm really only worried about math and science, partially because I have the lowest grades (still As, but lower ones) in those, and because it's either right or wrong. English is more about supporting your opinion in clear and coherent ways, which is something I can do.

Next semester, I'll have Latin 1 first thing, and I hear the teacher for that is pretty cool. He goes by his first name, which is generally a good sign. Also, apparently he gives homework passes if it's your birthday. Too bad my birthday's in October. At least I can cash in on that next year. There's a few kids I know to be in that class who I either know, or a couple of my friends know them so that we've been at least introduced.

Then it's across campus to band, which should be easy and fun once I get my embouchure back in working order. My clarinet is an old wooden one-- the same one my mom played in high school. I'll get to see all of my band friends except for one, who ended up in Concert Band instead of Symphonic (same thing, except we have harder music) due to a mistake in registration (or something else like that. He's definitely good enough to be in Symphonic).

Then it's back across campus for Civics and Economics. One of my friends has my same teacher right now, and he says that the teacher is very witty and sarcastic, so that's good. C & E classes are all honors/non-honors combined, which means the quizzes and tests are easier, and us honors kids just have to do more homework. At least, that's what my friends tell me.

Lastly is AP Chem, which I actually only signed up for because I didn't want to take Computer Apps, which is a course based around Microsoft Office. It may be arrogant of me to say so, but I'm inclined to think that I could pretty much teach that class.
So I signed up for a super-hard one instead. Yes, I'm a nerd.

2 comments:

  1. Calculus is fun (in a weird sort of way.) It's not too difficult if you have a good teacher, it's a very simple idea actually -- so simple that you need to be brilliant to come up with it.....

    Good luck with your exams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be a nerd with you then. Calculus was probably my favorite class in high school and one of my favorites in college as well! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.