Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"Of The Day" Montage



Another TED video for your enjoyment. That's the Video of the Day.

Quote of the Day:


"Civilization is the process of reducing the infinite to the finite." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Explanation of the Day:

Montage. That's what happens when you're sitting in a chair with your mind elsewhere all day and think of a lot of unrelated things to blog about that aren't detailed enough to warrant their own posts.


Thought of the Day:


I find it interesting that my location when writing has such an influence on the story. Writing at school, surrounded by people, makes it more centered around characters and interpersonal relationships, while here at my grandma's, the quirks of her subdivision are nudging their way into the story's scenery. At home when I'm alone in my room, there is significantly less dialogue and more introspection/narration. This is all with the same characters, and the same plot line. Does this happen to anyone else?


News of the Day:

  • Someone at my school was diagnosed with TB, so they're testing everyone who has classes with him. I'm not one of those people.
  • David Tennant got engaged, funnily enough to the woman who played his daughter in season 4.. Fortunately, I'm not quite old enough to be upset about it, seeing as how he's in his 30s.

*puts on the Humble Hat*


Honest Paragraph of the Day:


Also, Kenny, I want to thank you for being here to stick holes in my world and in my arguments. I like to think of myself as a broad-minded person (which is different from open-minded, although I like to think of myself as that as well), and you often help to make that perception more of a reality than a fantasy. Sorry that I don't always respond in a grateful manner (or not at all).


Recommendation of the Day:


My best friend now has a blog. Go subscribe, I COMMAND YOU. (See, I took off the Humble Hat without telling you, so now I can order you about as I please.) She's awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, thank you! Your responses never seem ungrateful, and counter-argument is always welcome. Holes in one's worldview are always good, sometimes you can look through and see the stars.

    In other news, I just got a real kick out of visiting the German Google. It gives you pages in German!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.