Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ergonomics

"A book is at best a poor contrivance to catch a life in." - Page Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XD2kNopsUs

I'm not a person who works in an office. I go to school. I work in a desk. I go home. I write on the couch, or on my bed, or while sitting on my floor. But it is likely that I will one day need to work in an office, and it is also likely that the non-teens among you readers either have or do work in one.
Therefore, I am sharing the above link with you.

And while I don't work in an "office," there are things within that video that I can put to use in my own life to make myself more efficient at both homework and writing.
I'm also interested in starting to play with dynamic digital visualization of data. My dad's going to teach me some stuff about Java coding to get me started.

I especially liked the piece of the video about "bosses didn't used to have a problem with people taking a smoke break. A Facebook or Twitter or YouTube break is like that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.