Sunday, December 19, 2010

Globalization and the Internet: The Video

"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Gandhi


The third part of my English project (1 being speech and 2 being Powerpoint) was to make a video describing my views on my topic. I wanted to make a vlog, since that style in itself related to my topic, but we were supposed to make a "commercial" type thing. Below is my video.


Things I learned from the making of this video: I'm a terribly geeky optimistic liberal. (although perhaps "learned" isn't the right term considering I already would have used all of those adjectives to describe myself.)
My dad's reaction to me confessing that realization to him: "Sounds like someone raised you to be a geeky optimistic liberal."
Me: "No, you raised me to be a pessimistic geeky liberal."
Him: "Maybe you're only optimistic because you're too young to see how screwed up the world is. Or maybe you're optimistic because you're young and have the tools to work the change in the world that I didn't have."


Let's see...
My dad is awesome.


Also, I suggest Google imaging "censorship." There's some funny stuff there that...wasn't school-appropriate. Plus some funny stuff that was, of course, but didn't make it into the video.




2 comments:

  1. One could make the claim that all liberals are at least slightly optimistic and conservatives are pessimistic. Liberalism is about, at the risk of sounding like I am shilling, looking forward and accepting change. While conservatism is about trying to recapture the past.

    So, yeah.

    Also, I was wondering what your definition of the word geeky is. I would very much like to refer to myself as a geeky liberal optimist. What is required for you to be classified as geeky? Does memorizing songs from Sweeney Todd count?

    The video is cool, though I was a little confused, not knowing what it was for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the commonly accepted definition of geeky would be "liking a certain thing (Sweeney Todd, for instance) far more than the average person and having a lot of knowledge on it." Nerdy is often associated with math and science and technology, and dorky with problems with social interactions, but I use the terms interchangeably with the geeky definition.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.