Friday, December 17, 2010

Project For Awesome 2010

"What is the use of a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?" - Henry David Thoreau


For those of you not familiar with the Project For Awesome: http://projectforawesome.com/aboutp4a

My video:





This is not intended to offend any nuns, or people against Harry Potter, or Christians who AREN'T against Harry Potter. This is just intended for laughs and to raise money for a charity I support.


In addition, the HPA is not by any means the only good charity out there. In fact, I recommend that you donate to other ones.


Charities I donated to:

If you click through to the pages I linked to, you will see that I donated to PiH for the raffle prize (not that PiH is a bad charity. I just had ulterior motives.)
Make A Wish, however, was not for the prize. A length of time ago so large that it is rather shameful, I raised a bunch of money by crocheting and selling scarves and promised to donate the money to cancer-related stuff. Then I never actually donated it. So I donated it to Make A Wish earlier this evening, and the possibility of Star Wars novels is a bonus that I actually secretly hope I don't win. Not because I don't like Star Wars...but because I don't have the shelf space right now.


So am I selfish, donating simply because I want the prize in the first case and out of duty in the second? I couldn't have lived with myself if I transfered the scarf money from its envelope into my wallet. Therefore am I not doing it to help others...only to help myself? Is any charitable donation selfless, if it's just to make us feel good?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.