Thursday, December 9, 2010

Post Winning-NaNo Effacement Disorder

"Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet." - Dave Barry


This is a post entirely about procrastination.


I intended to keep working after November was over. I intended to get the 1st draft finished by 2011. 
Instead, I became afflicted by Post Winning- NaNo Effacement Disorder, in which the victim completes her 50,000 words and then doesn't go anywhere near her novel until mid-January. In fact, she tries to blot the entire story from her mind.
In short, I have been PWNED. 


Yep. Laugh at my lame joke. The post was going to be "Post NaNo Stress Disorder," but then I came up with that...ha.


Instead of typing another few tens of thousands of words (that sounds rather impressive, doesn't it?), I have been playing The Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion. I've "completed"  (meaning there have been a few quests I haven't done) the game with two different characters now, but it hasn't gotten any less fun.
 Playing that also helps me to ignore the people immersed in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. I stopped shortly before Wrath of the Lich King came out, but its kind of painful to hear people talking about how awesome it is.
Of course, playing Oblivion for a few years doesn't measure up to the fact that I've been playing Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction since before my youngest sister was born (and she's nearly 11 and a half). That hasn't gotten less fun either.


I've also been trawling through a huge stack of library books. I finally finished the last one yesterday and so took The Lost Hero to school today since I stopped 3/4 of the way through to read HP and the Deathly Hallows...and what do I find upon logging on to my email? I have another book waiting for me at the library. Which is annoying, despite that I've been looking forward to reading this one.


So by writing a post about procrastination, I have been in effect procrastinating from homework. 

1 comment:

  1. After doing NaNo, I'm actually afraid of the pain that will result in attempting another story. Don't worry, you aren't alone. xP

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.