Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dragons of Love

"If Harry can defeat the Dark Lord, I think you can approach a girl. And chances are, she's been waiting for you." - The Whomping Willows in "Fall in Love Tonight"


"A week ago, Harry would have said finding a partner for a dance would be a cinch compared to taking on a Hungarian Horntail. But now that he had done the latter, and was facing the prospect of asking a girl to the ball, he thought he'd rather have another round with the dragon." - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, page 388


I was listening to the above song today, and it made me think of that quote from the book...and I totally agree with Harry. Defeating the Dark Lord is way easier than asking someone to a dance. Not that I've done either, and I'm not planning to do either any time soon (I don't even know when the first school dance is, much less plan on going to it), but I would also rather take the dragon/Dark Lord. Although, if it came down to it in a practical, real world situation, maybe I would go for the dance. At least Harry had training in magic. I haven't been trained in any weapons other than Mouse Clicking Makes Spell Shoot Out of Group of Pixels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.