Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Link to a Post About Gay Rights

Read this post I am linking to, please. Thank you. http://www.maureenjohnsonbooks.com/2010/10/17/ask-mj-conservative-christians-and-gay-rights-living-together-in-peace/

This isn't the first time I've linked to Maureen, nor will it be the last. I recommend that you read the satire list of "why gay marriage shouldn't be allowed" that someone posted in the comments. It's funny.

Since I'm writing a post anyway, I may as well tell you that transforming an envelope into a SASE feels like digging your own grave. My rejection letters will be addressed in my own handwriting. 


I may have convinced my other sister to do NaNoWriMo as well. She's afraid of failure, and afraid that what she writes will be bad. I told her I've spent the past year editing for a reason. Sarah's all set up on the YWP website, shooting for 25,000 words. She says she would go for 30,000, except she wants to make sure she'll win.
We found it amusing that the highest recommended goal for her age is 3,000 words for the entire month. She's done that much in a day.


While I'm only on page 12, The God Debates has been an excellent book so far. However, it's so densely academic that I've resorted to taking notes just so I remember what the chapter actually said. It's a good way to use up the blank pages at the backs of my notebooks from 3rd grade, though.


Also, I'm going to (hopefully) go see Scott Westerfeld on Friday, and there's a wizard rock concert tomorrow. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.