Sunday, August 8, 2010

Look At The Cuteness


Look at how cute it is. That's a pacifier in the baby cloud's mouth.
 The name isn't filled in yet because they don't know whether or not it's a boy or girl. The three brother clouds at the bottom have the initials of the three boys on them, and we'll fill in the baby's when we know. The active choices right now are Oscar, Maria, Sophia, and Eve. I don't remember what the other potential boy names are. My sister Sarah designed and drew the album artwork.


So as you can see, that's done. We didn't get any work on The Secret Thing done, although we tried. I've started research for my essay. And now the party's starting. So the day hasn't been terribly productive, but it hasn't been too much of a waste, either.


For those who are interested, my essay is on assisting vulnerable populations in Bangladesh and improving the effectiveness of humanitarian relief and food aid in conflict zones and disaster areas. Which is something I know virtually nothing about.
It turns out that Bangladesh has loads of natural disasters (especially flooding), and rivers consume over 9000 hectares of fertile land per year. That isn't good, because 80% of the population is involved in agriculture and 25% of the country's GDP comes from it.


I've found a great PDF of a pamphlet from the Red Cross for research, and plan on watching lots of Uncultured Project videos over the next week or so.


No word from any of the agents I sent queries to other than the rejections I've already mentioned. I'm still expecting 2 of the 3 of them to respond,  but the one guy has 50 pages of it so I'm not expecting that one any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. Your essay topic sounds really interesting. I wish I got to write about stuff like that for school. :) Good luck on your queries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's not for school. My mom's best friend takes kids from the university she works at to the World Food Prize Symposium every year, and she just thought it was something I'd be interested in. So I'm (trying) to enter this year.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.