Thursday, August 5, 2010

An Abundance of Quotes

“So the ENGLISH lyrics of this AUSTRALIAN book come together inside of this FIFTEENTH century castle in Munich. And on this day, Hank, that’s what I loved. I loved our hyper-connectedness, our ease of movement. That words written in Australia can become songs in Germany. That the little stories I write in my basement can bring me to a place like Munich, that trains and planes and Skype make us all so close to each other. And my fear? I just hope that 500 years from now, the castles that WE have made for ourselves will still be there, and that there will still be people, and stories, and music to populate them.”

John Green 






"This sign reminds us that people with legs of different lengths should stick together" - John Green


“People aren’t miracles. They’re people. And whether we’re dehumanizing people or romanticizing them, we’re doing both them and ourselves the same fundamental disservice, which is imagining that other people are in some way different from us or in some way fundamentally separate from ourselves, which is just not true.”

John Green



"Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life." - Immanuel Kant


"The Venn Diagram of guys who don't like smart girls and guys you don't want to date is a circle." - John Green




One of my feeds delivered to me a lot of John Green quotes today. I figured I would share them with you.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, spammer bot.
    I'm glad you like the fact that I have a URL you can visit, and a comment box for you.
    If you like my "incredibly good blog" so much, how about you read some of the posts instead of advertising to me?
    I also happen to be aware of the theoretical power of the human mind. I've done some exercises in that field, and feel that if I want to become more powerful, all I need is the motivation. Which I lack. Therefore, I don't need your product.
    Please tell whoever wrote your code(or, if you're a real person, which I doubt, take to mind) that this blog actually has some stuff worth reading on it (at least, my readers seem to think so), and maybe they/you should take the time to click around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    You have an extremely good blog. To grow to be a successful man or woman the essential point is usually to have positive thinking. Enjoy Sky Rocketing Success with Turbo charged Positive Affirmations... Grow Positive Thinking So You'll be able to Do away with Strain From your Life, Raise Your Self-Confidence and Program Oneself For Lifetime Achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mano Who Wants To Sell Me Something!
    I'm glad you have identified me as someone who is interested in positive thinking.
    However, I won't need your product because you made me have positive thinking just by telling me I have an "extremely good blog." How about you read some of it instead of trying to sell me stuff?
    What is it with these posts and spammers?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.