Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Uncultured Project

A quick rundown for those who don't know what it is:


The Uncultured Project is basically this guy named Shawn who left grad school and went to Bangladesh instead to help fight world poverty. He was/is detailing his experience via both blogs and YouTube videos.


I've been watching his videos while transferring pictures onto CDs to clear up space on my computer.


Here is a quote from some footage relating to Cyclone Sidr: "Is that smell the lake or the bodies?"


Um.


So while these videos aren't directly related to my research, they've been very eye-opening. And one of my dad's colleagues grew up in a small village in Bangladesh without any electricity, so they might come over for dinner so I can ask them questions for my essay.


I put the "politics" label on this post because world poverty is a global issue, and I'm trying to keep my label count down. So that's the one that most closely matches it.

1 comment:

Talk to me.